Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Stampin' Up! Mixed Bunch Mini Catalog Case

I'm one of those people who love to pour over the Stampin' Up! catalogs over and over again, and it seems that each time I do, I find something new.  The card on page 17 of the Occasions Mini Catalog (Click HERE to view pdf of the catalog) jumped out at me this morning and so I came up with this CASE (copy and share everything) of that awesome card.  (By the way, the Occasions Mini Catalog sales period ENDS on APRIL 30, 2012)
Now that I'm looking at it again, I think I should have added one of those small stamped centers from the Mixed Bunch stamp set.
I needed a card for a good friend of mine in Sidney and I think this will do perfectly.

I have trouble lining up my card fronts in the Framed Tulips Embossing folder so I like to cut a piece of card stock to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches, emboss and then cut around the edges.  This is easy to do because of the embossed lines in the design.
Just the other day, someone asked me for advice on lining up the stamped images from Mixed Bunch with the Blossom punch, so here's a photo of what I explained.  Take a look at the way the punch works by looking at the bottom, then line up your stamped image the same way on your paper.  In this case it means having a vertical petal at the top when you stamp as I've shown in the photos below.

And the way I like to add that little bit of scalloped edge that I punched with the Dotted Ribbon Border punch is with Sticky Strip. After you position the sticky strip on the dotted ribbon, peel off the protective layer and carefully add the pleated ribbon so that only that tiny edge of scallop shows out the bottom.  I love that look!
Another piece of sticky strip on the back of the punched ribbon is how I adhered it to the card front. And here's another look at the finished project.
If you want to purchase any of the supplies listed below to craft your own cards, you can shop in my Stampin' Up! online store anytime!  Click HERE to start shopping for Stampin' Up! supplies.

You can also purchase my exclusive Mixed Bunch Card Kit by clicking HERE.  Free instructions for this Card Kit will be sent to you when you order $50 online.
Thanks for stopping by!
Kelly

Supplies used on this card:
Stamps:  Mixed Bunch (#125537 clear mount, #125535 wood), Blessings from Heaven (#123052 clear mount, #123050 wood)
Paper: Soft Suede (#115318), Whisper White (#100730), Pool Party (#122924), Daffodil Delight (#119683), Lucky Limeade (#122926)
Ink:  Rose Red (#), VersaMark (#102283), Soft Suede (#115657)
Accessories and Tools:  Big Shot (#113439), Framed Tulips Embossing Folder (#121809), 3/8" Pleated Ribbon Pear Pizzazz (#125568), Blossom punch (#125603), Blossom Petals Builder punch (#121808), Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch (#122464), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch (#119275), Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine (#125572), Basic Pearls (#119247), Heat Tool (#100005), White stampin emboss powder (#109132), Stampin' Sponges (#101610), Sticky Strip (#104294)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...