Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Stampin' Up! Delightful Decorations Christmas Card

I was scoping out another rubber stamp company and I saw a card that I could case!  I think I might do more of that, it was really inspiring.  I felt like I was experiencing all new stamping styles.  Occasionally, I start to feel like I can't create anything new...but this feels new to me.  I hope you like it!
Colors used are Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Real Red and Whisper White Craft ink.  Stamp Sets used were Delightful Decorations and Four the Holidays.  Accessories used were Stampin' Sponges, Basic Rhinestones, ornament punch and 3/4 circle punch.
Here are the measurements for the card.
In the next photo you'll see I've stamped my images on a scratch piece of very vanilla.  I will used the punches to punch them out.  I also randomly stamped the dotted circles design from the Delightful Decorations Stamp set on my center piece of Crumb Cake.  I don't know if you can see that in the photos of the card.  I used Whisper White Craft ink only because I don't have any Very Vanilla Craft ink.
Just in case no one ever told you to use your punch upside down to see what you're punching...now someone has.  :-)
To create those ink marks along the edges of the cardstock, I swiped the ink pad directly on the edge.  Move your ink pad up and down the edge as you're swiping, because you really only get those "longer" marks from the corners of your ink pad.  Keep the ink pad perpendicular to the paper so the marks also come out looking perpendicular as you can see in my sample.
I inked the edges of all my pieces with Early Espresso ink.  I just cut out the Happy Holidays by hand with paper snips.
Piece it all together add some rhinestones and voila you're done with another Christmas card!
Thanks for stopping by to take a look!
I hope you get to spend some time with friends making cards soon!  If you're in Sidney, call me, let's do a workshop soon!
Kelly
TO PURCHASE STAMPIN' UP! PRODUCT ONLINE 24/7 CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...