Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Make your own Hot Cocoa Mix

This stuff is the bomb!  I was REALLY surprised at how good it is.  It's MUCH better than any of the packaged hot cocoa you can find.  Here's the link to the original recipe I found: http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/1061/Homemade-Hot-Cocoa-Mix76102.shtml
I made up a batch and created 11 serving sizes to give as gifts. I put the mix in Stampin' Up! small cello bags with a 1/4 cup of small marshmallows. The 12th serving was for me to sample.  I wanted to make sure that I didn't need to add anything. I added 3 small pinches of salt which is different from the original recipe and I also used a rounded 1/4 cup of powder, not level.  It doesn't need to be heaping, but I thought it was better with a couple of teaspoons more than a 1/4 of a cup.  I tell you all this, because my recipe is slightly different from the one I found online.  So here's MY version of the recipe...

Ingredients:
2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
1 rounded cup of powdered sugar
1/2 rounded cup Hershey's cocoa
1/2 rounded cup powdered non-dairy creamer
3 small pinches of kosher salt

Directions:
In large mixing bowl combine all ingredients; stir carefully to blend well. Store in tightly covered container. Makes 12 servings.

Single serving: Combine a rounded 1/4 cup mix and 3/4 cup boiling water in cup or mug; stir to blend. Add marshmallows to hot cocoa, if desired.

Let me know if you like it!
Kelly


TO PURCHASE STAMPIN' UP! PRODUCTS ONLINE 24/7 CLICK HERE!



1 comment:

  1. Haven't tried out your recipe yet, but I will. I'm now following you from Stampin' connection. I'm #212on the list and I hope you'll drop by and visit my blog too.

    Penny
    http://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.comill. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...