Saturday, July 10, 2010

Card of the Week, July 11, 2010

Quite a beauty, wouldn't you say? I hope this inspires you to do some burnishing...or use the Awash with Flowers stamp set...or do some dry embossing...or just do any kind of stamping at all! That's what's most important!



This card was cased.  Leave me a comment if you know who I cased it from!!
I stamped Awash with Flowers images on Whisper white cardstock and with a sponge dauber and ink, I rubbed in a circular motion on the images. I used multiple color inks on all the images.  For the large petal flowers, I used Regal Rose and Rose Red.  The tulipy looking flowers are pumpkin pie and rose red.  The leaves are Certainly celery and Daffodil Delight.  Daffodil delight was also used to burnish the background.  I used a Stampin Sponge to add basic black around the edges.  Paper used was Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper white.  Accessories used: Medium jewelry tag punch, Scallop Trim Border punch.  Additional Stamp set used:  Tiny tags.

Artist Tip:  When burnishing, always "stamp off" your sponge dauber before applying ink to your project so you don't get a "blob" of color when you first start burnishing.  This technique may require some practice, so get out some scratch paper if you're trying it for the first time.
Demo tip:  I think this would be a good one to demonstrate, but not so sure on the Make-N-Take-ability of it.  I fear first timers would not be happy with the results.

Your comments are appreciated!
If you haven't done so already, please sign up for my Free Email Card of the Week Newsletter.
Till later,
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - I will have to CASE this one! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is an incredible resource for making cards. It's so cool of you to share your know how like this.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's so nice to meet new people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card, thanks for sharing your work and how you did it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...