Monday, March 29, 2010

The garden has been started!!

Those who know me well, know that I love to read and follow directions.  The seed packets for onions, carrots, peas and radishes all say to plant as soon as the ground has been worked.  So yesterday, about 2 weeks AFTER the ground was able to be worked, we planted all of those goodies.  Some of the locals here have warned us not to plant yet...we're taking our chances, knowing that we may have a late frost and risk losing everything we just planted.  But the seed packet said we should plant as soon as the ground can be worked!!! 
We have also followed the directions for starting our tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, and cabbage inside 4-6 weeks before planting. We got a little Jiffy starter kit from Walmart ($6).  We almost ordered a nice $25 one from Gurney's.  I'm so glad I happened upon that one in Wally world.  So here's what we have so far...

We're paying close attention to companion planting this year.  As soon as I figure out how to add a table to my posting, I'll put the companion planting chart up. Smile.
Thanks for stopping by!
Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...