Thursday, December 10, 2009

Silent Night Inspired Christmas Card

I got another challenge done today...must be because I don't have any events I'm frantically working on. :( That's OK. I love this business and the flexibility it allows me.
Todays Splitcoaststampers Thursday challenge was to use a Christmas song to inspire your project. I decided just to add the song right to my card. I was inspired to do this by Tim Holtz. One of his 12 Tags of Christmas has some music on it. So here's my version...

I started by inking the edges of all my papers, my base card was Chocolate Chip, 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches folded in half and creased with a bone folder. Night Quite Navy, 5 1/8 x 3 7/8 inches, and Mellow Moss, 5 1/4 x 4 inches.

Then I stamped the tree row image from the Lovely as a Tree stamp set in Not Quite Navy ink along the bottom edge of the Not Quite Navy paper and the snowflake trio image from the Snow Swirled Stamp set (Holiday Mini Catalog). I found a copy of Silent Night in an old song book and printed it out on ink jet vellum paper, tor around the edges and then inked the whole thing, paying special attention to the edges with Creamy Caramel ink, using a Stampin Sponge. I also sponged Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (LOVE this stuff) around the edges of both the music and the Mellow Moss cardstock layer. THEN...this is really fun, I spritzed the music and ALL my cardstock with some shimmer paint that I put in a little mister bottle with some rubbing alcohol. The ratio was about 20 to 1 alcohol to paint. It only takes a few drops of paint in this tiny little mister. Shake it up and spritz. I used my heat tool to dry the vellum music because my ink started to run, but you don't have to do that with the cardstock because the alcohol dries very quickly.
Isn't that pretty? I used a pencil to roll the vellum around to create the roll on the bottom edge.

Then I stamped the Peace On Earth image from the Four the Holidays (Holiday Mini) stamp set with Encore Gold ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and free hand cut out the banner shape. I inked the edges of the banner with gold ink. I used gold chord to wrap the Mellow Moss and Not Quite Navy layers and attached the music with gold brads. I stamped the snow flake trio again on Very Vanilla, cut out 2 of the images, and inked them with Not Quite Navy ink around the edges, layered and added a gold brad. I placed the snowflake cutout on top of the gold knot with a stampin dimensional. I used Mono Glue for a nice strong hold to glue the Peace On Earth banner to the vellum.
Thanks for taking a look! If you have any questions, please let me know!


Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...